Well I thought yesterday afternoon I would be able to finish my card in 30 minutes. Let’s just say 3 hours later it was finally done. I had this idea from a card someone received that was store bought. I wanted to take the idea and modify it.
I took this sketch from Julee’s
Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and began the card.
I began with the black wire. I coiled it around a skewer with no problem. Then I had to do the wings of the dragonfly. I thought I was just going to glue the coiled body to the stamped image of the dragonfly. Well I got the bright idea to use some sheer fabric from my daughter’s wedding as it would be the perfect color for a dragonfly. So I used the wire to make the wings. Now the fun begins! I decided to use crystal effects to glue the fabric to the wire. After 1 hour the fabric still wasn’t adhered to the wire. Next I got the bright idea to use sticky tape. After cutting and piecing the tape to the wire it finally worked and I had a completed dragonfly minus the head.
I coulnd’t leave well enough alone. I thought it would look really neat to use a bead for the head. I went looking in my jewelry making beads and found one as well as some clear ones that I thought would make great antennae. I put the wire through the black bead and wove the wire through the body then back through the black bead to secure it in place. I put a dot of crystal effects on the bead and made sure it was attached to the body. After letting it dry I put the 2 clear beads on the end of the wire to look like antennae (took some playing with it but I finally got it) and put some crystal effects on them to hold them in place. When it was done drying I was able to finish the card. Here is what I created.
Stamps: none Paper: Soft Sky, Soft Sky DS Accessories: Black velvet ribbon (LSS before it closed), black wire, sheer blue-green material, black and clear beads, jewelry wire, photo corner punch, Zots, sticky tape
Despite all the issues I really like this card and since I have all the details worked out I would make it again. Have a great weekend and thanks for looking!
I tried this new technique called frosted filter
not so sure why it is called that but anyway my background is that technique. I think this background with the colors I used made a great camouflage design (but not what I was going for). You might not be able to tell in this photo but I stamped this image twice once in Always Artichoke and again in Certainly Celery to give it a shadow look.
Stamp Set: Essence of Love (occasions mini catalog) Paper: Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, and Vanilla Ink: Always Artichoke and Certainly Celery Accessories: Coffee Filter, Always Artichoke re-inker, Chocolate Chip re-inker, Certainly Celery re-inker, Heat Gun and Cutter Kit. 😉
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend mine was pretty busy, I am glad today is Monday, can you believe I just said that… My colors for today are Blush Blossom and Cameo Coral and of course I had to add in that third color. Robbie’s colors are Apricot Appeal and Not Quite Navy. I love this new Hardware Kit in the Occasions Mini I may have to get myself a couple of these. I hope you enjoy what I came up with. 😉
Candice’s Color Challenge
A Good Egg Paper:
Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, and White Ink:
Basic Black and Cameo Coral Accessories:
Label Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, Slit Punch, Dimensionals, Coluzzle Cutting System, Pure Color Pencils, White Gel Pen, Buttons, Hodgepodge Hardware, and Grosgrain Ribbon.
Robbie’s Color Challenge
Hearthfelt Thanks, Small Script (retired) Paper:
Apricot Appeal, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi Ink:
Apricot Appeal, Not Quite Navy, Wild Wasabi Accessories:
Large and small oval punch, ribbon, Not Quite Navy marker, Sakura Stardust gel pen, scoring tool, sticky tape.