Pattern Paper makes a great background
Hello Everyone – pattern paper makes a great background as well as an easy and fast way to make a card. Sometimes I want to create but I am limited for time. When that happens I reach for some of the pattern paper I have.
When I am planning my classes I create as many different cards as I can. That then gives me a variety to choose from. The ones that I don’t choose I use for my blog. Today’s card was one of the cards I did not choose.
This paper mimics the sun prints you can make using special paper. I don’t know about you but I love the fact that I don’t have to do anything to get these gorgeous prints for my cards.
The dies in the Eden dies was perfect for the sentiment. I did cut it smaller as it was too long for the short sentiment. Here is a close up.
The Eden’s Garden stamp set has a perfect image that pairs well with this paper. I used it to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.
Pattern paper can be used in a variety of ways to make your backgrounds. Check out this idea that uses panels. And don’t miss seeing how the beautiful New Horizons paper can be used for great cards like this one.
Want to make your version of today’s card? Here are all the details you will need.
Card Base: Bermuda Bay 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
White: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and scrap for stamping and die cutting
Pretty Prints pattern paper: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
Step-by-step – note this card is in the landscape position
- affix stamps to blocks
- fold and burnish the card base
- add the pattern paper panel to the white panel
- wrap a strip of White crinkled seam binding around the top of the pattern paper panel and secure on the back using Tear & Tape
- add the pattern paper panel to the card base
- use the die and a scrap of white to cut out the shape
- mask off the part of the sentiment you do not want and stamp your sentiment onto the die cut from above, keep the sentiment close to the left end of the die cut
- now use the die to cut a smaller shape – add the right side of the die closer to the sentiment making sure the sides of the die cut are within the lines of the sides of the die, carefully place the die onto your cutting mat, add the top plate on the die cut so it only covers the right decorative end, run through machine and die cut
- add the die cut sentiment to the bottom right hand corner of the card front using dimensionals
- tie a bow using the White crinkled seam binding, add to the ribbon strip at the top on the left hand side using glue dots
June Host Code – WHYFJK76
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Shopping cart for pattern paper makes a great background cardProduct List
So what is your favorite pattern paper in the new catalog? Let me know what it is and I will use it to make a card to share here.
Thanks for visiting me today and I hope I inspired you with the pattern paper makes a great background card. Have a Sensational Sunday!
June Host Code
June Inspirations in Ink Tutorial Bundle – get it free with a $35 order using the host code above