Stampin’ Up Seas the Day and Waves of the Ocean
Hello Everyone – are you ready for some more ideas using Stampin’ Up Seas the Day and Waves of the Ocean?
Vicky from vicky-wright.com and I have teamed up to give you Across the Waves Mini Blog Hop.
Each Wednesday we will be sharing & featuring a project created with a nominated Stamp Set or Bundle. This month we are using Seas the Day.
Purchase this bundle and save 10%
I decided to use the images in the stamp set to create an underwater scene. I have to admit this did not go the way I thought it would but in the end it turned out ok.
The original plan for the background did not turn out like I had hoped. I ended up taking an aqua painter and reinker to scribble on the color. At luck would have it, it mimiced the Waves of the Ocean pattern paper.
I used the seaweed image to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.
Have you seen all the fabulous cards Vicky has done with this bundle. Click the image below to see her idea for this week.
Details for my card this week.
Card Base: Night of Navy 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
Waves of the Ocean pattern paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″ I used the Coastal Cabana and Night of Navy pattern
Night of Navy: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
Watercolor paper: 3 1/8″ x 4 3/8″
Step by Step for the Stampin’ Up Seas the Day and Waves of the Ocean
- fold and burnish the card base
- add the Waves of the Ocean pattern paper to the card base
- using a stamping platform, stamp the images as below
- seaweed – Night of Navy
- starfish – Crumb Cake
- sea grass – Night of Navy
- fish – Calypso Coral
- sea nettle – Coastal Cabana
- use the Coastal Cabana ink pad and add a few drops of reinker in the lid
- with an aqua painter water down the ink and scribble on the background around the images – see photo above
- when the panel from above is dry attach it to the Night of Navy panel
- glue the image panel to the card base making sure it is centered
- sprinkle on some of the Rhinestone Waves basic jewels
March Host Code – HNSQQKGF
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Shopping Cart of products to make this cardProduct List
Don’t miss checking out Vicky’s card to see how she used this stamp set.
Thanks for visiting me today and I hope I inspired you with the Stampin’ Up Seas the Day and Waves of the Ocean card.
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
March Host Code
Save 20% on the mini Cut & Emboss Machine and select stamp sets
Waves of the Ocean