Stampin’ Up Seas the Day Cute Octopus
Hello Everyone – I love the octopus on my Stampin’ Up Seas the Day Cute Octopus. He is so cute peeking out from behind the seaweed.
I did it again with an embossing folder. Check out how I made the background on today’s creation.
I am sad to say this is the last week Vicky and I will be playing with the Seas the Day bundle. We have shared quite a few ideas with you so make sure you grab that bundle and make some of our ideas.
I am so sad this bundle did not carry over. Make sure you grab it quick before it retires and is no longer available.
Purchase this bundle and save 10%
I thought it would be fun to have that octopus hiding in the seaweed. He is just so cute peeking out from behind the leaves.
I also used that octopus for the inside of the card and envelope.
Make sure you head on over to Vicky’s blog to see what she did with this set this week.
Here are the details from my card this week.
Measurements for Stampin’ Up Seas the Day Cute Octopus
Card Base: White 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
Coastal Cabana layer: 4″ x 5 1/4″
Granny Apple Green: scrap for die cutting
Shaded Spruce: scrap for die cutting
White: 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and scraps for stamping and die cutting
Let’s make it!
- fold and burnish the card base
- emboss the Coastal Cabana layer with the Stripes embossing folder
- use the side of the Bermuda Bay ink pad to drag it across the embossing add some color Hint: do not press down on the pad or you will end up with color on the unembossed part of the layer
- add the White strip to the lower part of the embossed panel using Tear & Tape
- take a piece of the White glittered organdy ribbon and add it on top of the White strip securing it in the back using Tear & Tape
- add the embossed and colored layer to the card base
- die cut the following
- Granny Apple Green – large sea grass
- Shaded Spruce – small sea grass
- stamp the following on the White scraps then die cut
- octopus – Cajun Craze
- fish – Calypso Coral – I did 2 facing the same direction and 1 facing the other direction
- using glue add the Granny Apple green to the left side of the card front slightly tucking the bottom behind the ribbon strip – see photo above
- add the octopus on top of the green sea grass using Glue Dots again tucking the legs behind the ribbon strip
- take the last Shaded Spruce sea grass and add it on top of the octopus tucking the bottom behind the ribbon strip – when place the sea grass on top of the octopus arrange it so the octopus looks like it is peeking out from behind the sea grass – see photo above
- add the fish to the card base using dimensionals – see photo above for placement
- sprinkle on some of the blue rhinestones
March Host Code – HNSQQKGF
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Shopping Cart of supplies used for the Stampin’ Up Seas the Day Cute Octopus cardProduct List
Hop on over to Vicky’s blog and check out her card for another idea for this bundle. Have you enjoyed the cards we have shared this month using this bundle? Let us know if you liked any one in particular.
What do you think of using the stripes embossing folder to add the feeling of waves on the Stampin’ Up Seas the Day Cute Octopus card? Let me know if you think it was a good idea.
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Join the Take 2 Zoom and use up your supplies
Want to learn to stamp? Sign up for the beginner’s class
Do you love visiting the beach? Don’t miss my Beginner Plus Oceanfront class
Want to take your cardmaking up a notch? Check out my Advanced Oceanfront class
Save 20 % on the Mini Cut & Emboss machine and select stamp sets
Waves of the Ocean bundle