Stampin’ Up Expressions In Ink Hello Idea
Happy Monday Everyone – I am still playing with pattern paper that is retiring and created the Stampin’ Up Expressions In Ink Hello Idea card for today.
I love that I can use pattern paper from 1 collection to create a great card. The Expressions in Ink is one of my favorite with the watercolor look and bright colors. The touch of gold just adds that bit of interest to make the paper grab your attention. Look at how I combined 3 patterns on this card.
This beautiful paper will retire at the end of the month. Make sure you order yours so you can use it for bright Summer cards.
I used the set from the suite to create the sentiment layer. The Brass Butterflies are the perfect embellishment for this card.
I also used the flower to decorate the inside of the card and envelope.
The watercolor patterns in this paper are gorgeous and fun to play with. Here is an idea for a Christmas card using one of the other watercolor patterns. I think this one with the bright bold colors is one of my favorite I have created with this paper.
This layout looks complicated but it really isn’t. Here are the details for you.
Card Base: Pear Pizzazz 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and 1 1/4″ x 4″ and scrap for die cutting
Pale Papaya layer: 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
White layer: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and scrap for stamping and die cutting
Expressions in Ink pattern paper: green watercolor pattern 2″ x 4″ and gold striped pattern 1″ x 4″ and Pale Papaya flower pattern 2″ x 4″
Let’s make the Stampin’ Up Expressions in Ink Hello Idea card
- affix all stamps to blocks
- fold and burnish the card base
- add the green watercolor Expressions in Ink pattern paper to the bottom of the White panel – no white should show on the sides and bottom
- glue the gold striped pattern paper to the Pear Pizzazz strip then add it to the White panel so it just covers the top of the green watercolor pattern paper
- attach the Pale Papaya pattern paper to the Pale Papaya card stock then add it to the left side of the White panel about 1/2″ from the left side and centered top to bottom
- add the White panel to the card base
- stamp the scrap of White with the smaller flower using a second generation stamping of Pale Papaya
- use Pear Pizzazz ink to stamp the sentiment on top of the middle of the flower stamped from step above
- die cut the 2″ scallop circle from the Layering Circles dies from Pear Pizzazz scrap
- use a smaller plain circle to die cut the stamped image
- layer the 2 circles then add it to the right side of the card using dimensionals so the bottom of the scallop circle is even with the bottom of the gold striped layer and about 1/2″ from the right side of the card
- sprinkle on some Brass Butterflies
April Host Code – FBKKPECF
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Shopping cart for the Stampin’ Up Expressions in Ink Hello Idea cardProduct List
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope my layout on the Stampin’ Up Expressions in Ink Hello Idea card inspired you to try it.
Have a Marvelous Monday!