Stampin’ Up Oceanfront Beach Houses
Happy Friday Stampers – I was inspired by another demo to create the Stampin’ Up Oceanfront Beach Houses card for today.
How many of you remember the colorful beach houses you used to see in the movies in the 60’s and 70’s? I saw a video by Cheri Stojkovich and was inspired to do my version. I love these cute beach houses and the Oceanfront stamp set is perfect for the scene.
This is the last week Vicky and I will be doing our Across the Waves mini blog hop. We are still focusing on the Oceanfront stamp set.
Have you seen all the cards we have created using this stamp set? Don’t miss them as this set is carrying over to the new annual catalog.
I used the same stamps that were used to create the background to add a mini scene inside the card and on the envelope.
The dies for the houses in New Horizon dies make the perfect beach houses. This close up shows the coloring for a couple of the houses.
Don’t miss Vicky’s last card using this stamp set. You can see it by clicking this image below.
Measurements for Stampin’ Up Oceanfront Beach Houses
Card Base: Whisper White 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
White: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 3″ x 4″ and scrap for die cutting
Balmy Blue: 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″
Step by Step
- affix all stamps to blocks
- fold and burnish the card base
- use the Stripes and Splatters embossing folder to emboss the larger White panel – you will need to emboss one half of the panel and then emboss the other half of the panel by overlapping the emboss lines when you do the second half
- attach the embossed panel to the card front using Tear & Tape
- take Crumb Cake ink pad and ink up the sand stamp and stamp so the top is about the middle of the small White panel
- use Balmy Blue ink pad and the angled larger stamp to stamp the sky – add the angled edge for the top
- stamp the birds from On the Horizon stamp set in the sky using Basic Gray
- add the image panel to the Balmy Blue panel and then add to card front using dimensionals
- with the house die from the Horizon dies, cut out the die from the scrap of White
- use Sahara Sand marker to color the bottom of the die cut
- to color the houses, follow the directions below and use the picture above:
- first house – Mango Melody marker and Basic Black marker to form the door
- middle house – Just Jade marker and Basic Black marker to form the door
- last house – Misty Moonlight and Basic Black marker to form the door
- add the house strip using dimensionals so the top of the land is even with the top of the sand
- sprinkle on some of the Blue rhinestones
April Host Code – FBKKPECF
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Products used for the Stampin’ Up Oceanfront Beach Houses card – click on the photo to add the product to your collectionProduct List
I hope my Stampin’ Up Oceanfront Beach Houses card has inspired you to try and create your own version.
Thanks for visiting me today and have a Wonderful Wednesday!