Stampin’ Up Flowering Rain Boots Friendship
Happy Friday Everyone – I had some fun playing with the new decorative masks and combining it with the boots set for my Stampin’ Up Flowering Rain Boots Friendship creation.
Look at how I used the masks for a background and paired it with the flower pots and flowers for this beautiful card.
This card was one that we made in an online creative convention I participated in. I loved how they combined the new Butterflies & Flowers decorative masks with the Flowering Rain Boots bundle.
Purchase this bundle to save 10%.
Look at all the layers I used on the Stampin’ Up Flowering Rain Boots Friendship card. It really adds lots of interest and the vellum layer tones down the bright colors used on the background.
I had so much fun playing with the decorative masks that I used them to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.
I love using stencils/masks to create background for my cards. This one uses a mask with a pale yellow color to create a soft background. Look at this cute birthday card I made for Jake using a mask that reminds me of waves.
Here are the details so you can make your version of the card.
Card Base: White 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
White: 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ and scraps for stamping and die cutting
Vellum: 3 3/4″ x 5″
Let’s make it!
- fold and burnish the card base
- use the flower mask and Petal Pink ink to add ink on the 4 corners using the more open section of the mask
- now use the other portion of the flower mask to add Calypso Coral ink to the flowers to get a 2 tone flower
- splatter on some Calypso Coral ink
- add the vellum to the card front using dimensionals
- die cut the largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle from the White rectangle
- stamp the leaves in the lower right hand corner using Soft Sea Foam ink
- stamp the sentiment in the upper right hand corner using Balmy Blue
- add the rectangle to the center of the vellum using dimensionals
- on scrap paper stamp 3 flower pots using Balmy Blue and 2 flower clusters using Calypso Coral use the coordinating dies to cut them out
- use your snips to cut the front rim across to about 1/4″ from the left hand side – follow the line of the rim, do all 3 pots
- carefully insert the bottom of one of the pots into the cut top of one of the flower pots – make sure the pot is angled slightly to the left, use tape to hold the flower pot in place
- repeat with the remaining flower pot so the pots are stacked – make sure the pot is angled slightly to the right, use tape to hold the flower pot in place, see photo above
- add the stacked flower pots to the card front on top of the stamped leaves using dimensionals
- stamp the flower cluster 2 times using Calypso Coral – die cut using the coordinating die
- add one flower cluster at the top of the stacked pots using a dimensional and the other in the bottom right hand corner of the rectangle using a dimensional – see photo above
- sprinkle on some Polished Dots
February Host Code: R4RQEF7T
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Supplies used for the Stampin’ Up Flowering Rain Boots FriendshipProduct List
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope my Stampin’ Up Flowering Rain Boots Friendship card has inspired you to make a friendship card.
Have a Fabulous Friday and enjoy your weekend!