Stampin’ Up Hand Penned Petals Navy Accents
Happy Wednesday Everyone – I am continuing with my techniques for using dark cardstock and today my Stampin’ Up Hand Penned Petals Navy Accents card uses Night of Navy for this one.
I don’t often use dark colors for the main color of my cards so I decided to go searching for some ideas that specifically uses dark cardstock. Check out how I added accents to the embossed image to add interest.
This bundle has some fabulous images to use on your cards. Having the coordinating dies makes it so easy to create your cards.
Hand Penned Petals bundle – save 10% when you purchase the bundle.
After I embossed the image with White embossing powder, I went in with a White gel pen and added some extra accents to the flower.
The same image was used on the inside of the card and envelope and stamped in Night of Navy ink. Easy way to tie the outside and inside of your card together.
Here are some other ideas using this beautiful stamp set. This card uses one of the dies with the pattern paper in the suite for a lovely feminine card. If you would like to see a way to color this image quick and easy, check out this card.
Information for the Stampin’ Up Hand Penned Petals Navy Accents card
Card Base: Night of Navy 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
Night of Navy image Layer: scrap for stamping and die cutting
Let’s Make It!
- use the Ornate Floral embossing folder to emboss the card front
- fold and burnish the card
- stamp the image in Craft White and emboss with the White embossing powder
- with a White gel pen, add accents to the image Note: I added extra lines to the center of the flowers and leaves.
- cut out the image using the coordinating die
- attach the image to the center of the card front with dimensionals
- stamp the sentiment from Artistically Inked stamp set with Craft White ink and emboss with White embossing powder
- fussy cut around the sentiment
- attach the sentiment to the lower right hand corner of the card front with dimensionals
- sprinkle on the Pearls
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Products used for the Stampin’ Up Hand Penned Petals Navy Accents cardProduct List
Did you enjoy today’s technique for dark cardstock? I could see this one done in so many dark colors. Which color would you use?
I hope I am inspiring you with these dark cardstock techniques like the Stampin’ Up Hand Penned Petals Navy Accents idea. If you try one, share it with me as I would love to see it. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!