Stampin’ Up Hues of Happiness Friend
Hello Everyone – the colors used for the Stampin’ Up Hues of Happiness Friend creation are so bright and vibrant!
To me dark colors make other colors pop. Usually I use black but on today’s card I found the Night of Navy had the same effect. This card has the same layout as the stack, cut, and shuffle technique but only made 1 card. I love that technique but don’t always need a bunch of cards. I can get the same look using simple cuts and 4 sheets of pattern paper. This is a good technique to use if you have small scraps left off and aren’t sure what to do with them.
The Hues of Happiness pattern paper has lots of bold colors and fun images. It is the perfect paper for Summer cards.
I began by cutting my layer and then deciding how wide I wanted my panels to be. Then I just needed to put it all together. To decorate the inside of the card and envelope I went looking for a simple stamp and used it.
Check out the patterns I used from this pattern paper to make the card.
The Hues of Happiness pattern paper has beautiful patterns with bright bold colors. This idea let’s the paper do all the work for a colorful card front. The watercolor looking paper used on this card gives you lots of options for your card front.
Here are all the details!
Measurements for Stampin’ Up Hues of Happiness Friend
Card Base: Night of Navy 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
Daffodil Delight: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 2″ x 3″ and 1″ x 1 1/4″
White: 1 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
Hues of Happiness pattern paper: 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and 1″ x 1 1/2″ – multicolored Plus design; 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ – multicolored flower pattern; 2 1/8″ x 2 1/2″ – blue and yellow flower pattern; 2 1/8″ x 2 1/2″ and 1/2″ x 1″ – Night of Navy section of pattern paper
- fold and burnish the card base
- glue the Daffodil Delight panel to the card front
- take the multicolored Plus design and add it to the upper left hand corner of the Daffodil panel about 1/8″ from top and left side
- glue the multicolored flower pattern under the piece already glued on making sure the sides are even and the spacing between and the panel and the bottom are about 1/8″
- add the blue and yellow flower pattern paper to the upper right hand corner making sure the top matches the other piece on the left hand side and leaving about 1/8″ on the right hand side Note: the center spacing is a little larger than 1/8″
- glue the Night of Navy piece of pattern paper in the lower right hand corner making sure the bottoms and right hand sides are even
- flag the ends of the smaller pieces of pattern paper then add to the White panel as below
- mulitcolored Plus pattern – left hand side
- Night of Navy pattern – right hand side
- Daffodil Delight card stock – center of panel
- stamp the sentiment in the lower portion of the White panel using Night of Navy ink
- attach the White panel to the Daffodil Delight panel
- use dimensionals to add the panel to the card front center
- use the Night of Navy blends to color the rhinestones then sprinkle some on
July Host Code – EPAVFB4V
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Shopping Cart to the Stampin’ Up Amazing Silhouettes with Perfectly Penciled pattern paperProduct List
What paper would you use to recreate this card? We have so many great ones. I could see this done in the black and white Perfectly Penciled pattern paper with the background layer a color and instead of a panel an image. Or how about the Sun Prints pattern paper with a die cut fern on the panel. The possibilities are endless!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope I inspired you with the Stampin’ Up Hues of Happiness Friend card. Have a Sensational Sunday!
Splendid Day Bundle Mega Tutorial
July Host Code
Welcome to The Craft Room – looking for ideas? Click the link below to get all the details and sign up.