Stampin’ Up Sending Smiles Hello
Hello Everyone – I am sharing my Stampin’ Up Sending Smiles Hello card today.
I am a member of the Facebook World Cardmaking Group. There is a group of us that are admins and each month we have a challenge that we are scheduled a day to post a card for the challenge. This month our challenge was a fun fold. Check out my adorable card I made for the challenge.
I love the simple images and the great sentiments in the Sending Smiles stamp set. It will be a great set to have in your collection.
I added lots of texture to my card to add to the interest. Here is a close up of the elements so you can see the details.
The fun fold can be a challenge to place a message to your recipient inside. I manage to come up with a way to have the space for your note.
To help you see how to make this fancy fold, here are all the details.
Card Base: Starry Sky 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
New Horizons pattern paper layer: 4″ x 5 1/4″
White: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and scrap for sentiment
Starry Sky: 2 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ and scrap for sentiment
2022 – 2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ pattern paper: 2 5/8″ x 4 1/8″
Step by Step
- affix all stamps to blocks
- fold and burnish card base
- using your trimmer place the opened card base with the long side at the top into the trimmer at 4 1/4″ and trim down 2 3/4″ – Note – you will be trimming on the scored line
- now place the short side of the opened card base in the trimmer at 2 3/4″ and trim over to the score line – Note – the first cut line will be on the left. You will be cutting off the top portion of the front flap of the card
- emboss the large White panel with the Hive 3D embossing folder
- attach the embossed panel to the inside of the card using Tear & Tape
- to make the inside area for your message, cut a piece of Starry Sky 2 1/2″ x 4″ and a piece of White 2 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ and glue the 2 together, add the panel to the lower portion of the embossed panel using Tear & Tape
- glue the piece of pattern paper to the front flap of the card
- stamp your image on the other White panel as below
- stem – Parakeet Party
- flower – Daffodil Delight
- add the stamped panel from above to the other piece of Starry Sky
- apply dimensionals to the lower portion of the stamped panel and add it to the front partial panel – see photo above
- to create the sentiment you will use masking to mask off the portion of the sentiment you do not want to ink up, ink up the stamp as below using Starry Sky ink and stamp onto your scrap of White
- A Card
- To Say
- cut out the sentiment using the small Layering Circle
- cut out a Starry Sky circle using the next larger circle
- glue the 2 circles together
- use dimensionals to add the sentiment to the front image panel making sure the dimensionals do not go past the edge of the image panel
- add a large 2022 – 2024 In Color Matte dot to the center of the flower
May Host Code – V3TFE3GS
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Product List for the Stampin’ Up Sending Smiles Hello card
Click on the image to add it to your collection. If you need help placing an order, please let me know.Product List
Wasn’t this an easy fun fold? I hope the Stampin’ Up Sending Smiles Hello card has inspired you to give it a try.
Have a Super Saturday!
May Host Code
May Inspirations in Ink Tutorial Bundle – get it free with a $35 order using the host code above