Stampin’ Up Seashells embossing folder
Hello Everyone – if you like beach themed cards you will love my Stampin’ Up Seashells embossing folder idea today.
I love playing with anything beach related. We have a couple of stamp sets, an embossing folder, and some great pattern paper you can use to make beautiful beach cards.
The Facebook Group CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge had an embossing challenge this week. You could CASE any project that had embossing on it. I began by looking through the catalog and found the exact card I wanted to do on page 22.
The star of this card is the Seashells 3D embossing folder. It was used for the background as well as the shells on the front.
I played with the gilded leafing for the shells like the sample in the catalog had. I love the look it gave to the shells.
I used one of the stamps and a gold Wink of Stella for the inside of the card and the envelope. I don’t think the Wink of Stella was a good choice so will need to play with the idea more.
The embossing folder has a lot of detail and makes it very versatile in your papercrafting. This idea uses the folder as a background for a small center panel. The shells are the focal image on this card.
Are you ready to make this card? Here are the details you will need.
Card Base: Very Vanilla 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
Very Vanilla: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and scrap for stamping and die cutting
Pool Party: 2 3/4″ x 4″ and scrap for embossing and fussy cutting
Petal Pink: scrap for embossing and fussy cutting
Crumb Cake: scrap for embossing and fussy cutting
Gold foil: scrap for die cutting
Texture Chic pattern paper: Pool Party geometric pattern 2 5/8″ x 3 7/8″
Step-by-step for the Stampin’ Up Seashells embossing folder
- affix stamps to blocks
- fold and burnish the card base
- use the embossing folder and the Very Vanilla panel and emboss it
- add the embossed panel to the card base using Tear & Tape
- glue the Texture Chic pattern paper to the Pool Party panel
- attach the pattern paper panel to the card base about 3/4″ from the right hand side of the card front using Tear & Tape
- using the scrap of Pool Party, emboss it using the large shell on the embossing folder
- emboss the Petal Pink using the long shell on the embossing folder
- use the Crumb Cake scrap and emboss the smaller shell on the embossing folder
- to create the gold look on the shells follow the procedure below for each shell
- lightly swipe your Versamark pad over the raised portion of the shell
- add Heat & Stick powder to the Versamark
- heat just until the powder melts
- add Gilded Leafing to the shell pushing it into the melted powder
- wipe off excess leafing with a stiff brush
- fussy cut all shells
- use Tear & Tape to add a multiloop linen thread next to the pattern paper panel
- add shells using dimensionals and glue dots by layering them in a pleasing manner
- stamp sentiment onto a scrap of Very Vanilla
- use Layering Circles to cut out sentiment – Note: use a circle just large enough to cut out the entire sentiment
- die cut the next larger circle from Gold Foil
- layer the 2 circles and add it to the upper right hand corner of the card front using dimensionals
June Host Code – WHYFJK76
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Products used for today’s creation
Did you like the gold leafing on the shells? I think it adds the perfect touch to highlight the embossing.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope my Stampin’ Up Seashells embossing folder card. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
June Host Code
June Inspirations in Ink Tutorial Bundle – get it free with a $35 order using the host code above
Welcome to The Craft Room – looking for ideas? Click the link below to get all the details and sign up.