Heat Embossed Nature’s Prints
Hello Everyone – an extra post this week since I had to make the Heat Embossed Nature’s Prints card for the World Card Making Group.
This month our challenge in the Facebook Group was heat embossing. It is my turn today to post an idea so you get an extra card this week. I had my card almost finished and had just die cut the sprigs. As I was getting ready to add them to the card I realized I did not heat emboss them so I had to remake them. I just kinda chuckled to myself that almost blew the challenge. Here is what I designed.
I played with an idea and tried a second generation stamping of the sprig to see if it would emboss or if the Versamark was gone from the first stamping. I am happy to say it worked so I can’t wait to use this idea more often.
The Sun Prints suite made this card so easy. The pattern paper, embossing folder and stamp bundle are one of my favorite in this catalog.
The Starry Sky metallic ribbon is a mesh type ribbon and so fun to unravel. I used a strip of this for the knot on the stems of the sprigs.
The sprig image was perfect for decorating the inside of the card and the envelope. I used a second generation stamping to get some variety of colors.
It has been a while since I have used heat embossing. Here is an idea where I used gold on black card stock. And how about this idea that uses the Amazing Silhouettes negative image for a fun embossing idea.
Have you tried heat embossing lately? Check out all the details below and grab your supplies to make this card.
Card Base: Basic White 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
Gray Granite background panels: 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ and 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
Starry Sky background panel: 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
White: 2 3/8″ x 3 5/8″ and scraps for stamping and die cutting
Sun Prints pattern paper: 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ – Gray Granite small print and 1 5/8″ x 4 1/8″ – blue spotty pattern
Let’s Make It
- affix stamp to block
- fold and burnish the card base
- attach the Gray Granite small print pattern paper to the Gray Granite panel then add it to your card base
- glue the blue spotty pattern to the Starry Sky strip and attach it to the center of the card front
- emboss the White panel using the Fern 3D embossing folder
- use Tear & Tape to add the embossed panel to the small Gray Granite panel
- add the embossed panel to the card front using dimensionals
- to create the embossed sprigs, use the procedure below to make 3 sprigs
- ink up the stamp using Versamark
- now ink the stamp up with the Starry Sky ink
- stamp the image onto a scrap of White
- add clear embossing powder to the image
- heat to melt powder
- to get the lighter shade of ink, stamp the image and then immediately stamp again, add your embossing powder and heat to melt powder
- die cut sprigs
- add sprigs to card front using a bouquet layout
- take a strip of the Starry Sky metallic ribbon and tie a double knot – Note: do not pull the knot tight
- separate each end of the ribbon giving many single threads
- add the knot to the stems of the sprigs using a glue dot
June Host Code – WHYFJK76
Use this host code when your order is under $150 and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Shopping Cart for the Heat Embossed Nature’s Prints cardProduct List
I hope my Heat Embossed Nature’s Prints card inspired you today and that you will pull out your embossing powder and make something.
Have a Super Saturday!
June Host Code
June Inspirations in Ink Tutorial Bundle – get it free with a $35 order using the host code above